Maintaining sarees is an art for every Saree Addict. The amount of effort that goes in to keep the saree looking as new is not an easy process. Here are a few tips to take care of your precious beauties.
Cotton Sarees - Sungudi Cotton, Chettinad Cotton, voil cotton saree, Wax Print Cotton,Batik sarees
- Soak the Cotton saree in lukewarm with a little salt for not more than 15 minutes to prevent colour bleeding and it keeps the saree colour vibrant, fresh as new.
- Use only mild shampoo (softening shampoo works best) or mild detergent to wash. Always avoid Machine wash to preserve the cotton saree
- STRICTLY AVOID MACHINE WASH USE THIN CONSISTENCY STARCH EVERYTIME TO MAINTAIN CRISPNESS. Always starch sarees after wash.
- Mild spray of water during ironing sarees
- Refold thesefrom time to time to avoid fading on the creases.
- Dry in shaded area and avoid direct sunlight to prevent colour fading
- It's best to store cotton sarees in an airy wardrobe.